Admin User Management
Admin User management is used to manage your admin users - as opposed to your customer users (in which the customers can manage themselves). The admin users management feature can be used to add/change/remove admin users and their permissions. Admin users have two types of permission controls:
- Permissions - which controls what they are allowed to do.
- Customers - which controls which customers the user can see (for permissions relating to customers, like impersonate and view)
- Login as a MSP administrator
- Click 'Admin' on the left hand side menu
- Click 'Users' on the top tab selector
Adding AdminsTo add a new administrator account:
- Follow the instructions to access the admin users screen from here
- Click the 'new' button on the top right hand side
- Fill in the form, and click 'save'
Manage admin permissionsThe manage admin permissions screen allows you to modify the permissions of the selected user. When you create a new user - you will automatically be taken to this screen. You can open this screen for an existing user by:
- Click the triple dot icon on the right hand side of the user you want to manage
- Click 'manage permissions'
You will then see the manage permissions screen: From here - there are four main things you can do:
- A) Edit the users details (name, email etc)
- B) Impersonate the user, to ensure their permissions are correctly set.
- C) Control which customers they can access
- D) Update their permissions
Customer AccessThe 'Customers' tab controls which customers the user can access. By default admins can access all customers. Note that this setting only affects customer management permissions. To give permissions to select customers:
- Select 'only selected customers'
- Click the 'add' button
- Find and select one ore more customers
- Click 'save'