What changes can network operators make on the Meraki portal (without breaking the integration)
As Encapto MSP tightly integrates with Meraki, some changes can be made in the Meraki portal to break the integration. This is not a comprehensive list but, please avoid:
- Deleting organisations, networks, templates or devices under management by Encapto MSP
- Rename organisations, networks or templates under management by Encapto MSP
- Change device network allocations for customers managed by Encapto MSP (use our built-in inventory management instead)
- Removing Encapto MSP IP addresses from the Meraki whitelist
- Updating Radius settings for the configured public SSID number
As a rule of thumb, attribute changes of organisations, networks and devices will not affect Encapto MSP and will be reflected accurately in the customers' portal where relevant.
How can I lock particular switch ports?
Switch port names prefixed with
locked- will not be editable in Encapto MSP - this can be used to prevent your customers from making changes to critical ports (e.g. uplink). To unlock the port, simply removed the
locked- prefix in the Meraki portal.
Can I import customers that are not using PDL?
Importing customers that do not use PDL will work initially - however, functionalities that affect licensing (like claim order) will not work with these customers. We recommend asking Meraki Support to upgrade those organisations to use PDLs.
I accidentally put the claimed the wrong serial numbers
Use the Replace Device functionality to fix the serial numbers. If the Meraki portal has already been updated with the correct serial number, be sure to tick the 'The device has already been replaced in Meraki' checkbox.