What changes can network operators make on the Meraki dashboard (without impacting MSP)
As Encapto MSP tightly integrates with Meraki, some changes can be made in the Meraki dashboard to break the integration. This is not a comprehensive list but, please avoid:
- Deleting organisations, networks, templates or devices under management by Encapto MSP
- Rename organisations, networks or templates under management by Encapto MSP
- Change device network allocations for customers managed by Encapto MSP (use our built-in inventory management instead)
- Removing Encapto MSP IP addresses from the Meraki whitelist
- Updating Radius settings for the configured public SSID number
As a rule of thumb, attribute changes of organisations, networks and devices will not affect Encapto MSP and will be reflected accurately in the customers' Dashboard where relevant.
How can I lock particular switch ports?
Switch port names prefixed with
locked- will not be editable in Encapto MSP - this can be used to prevent your customers from making changes to critical ports (e.g. uplink). To unlock the port, simply removed the
locked- prefix in the Meraki dashboard.
What happens if the networks are bound to a template
- MX application setting widget the last col will not display (GET https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/601793500207397669/networks/N_601793500207500058/trafficShaping) Unsupported for bound networks
- MX: application settings widget edit not supported (error displayed nicely)
- MX port information edit port type not supported (error not displayed) (PUT https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/601793500207397669/networks/N_601793500207500058/appliancePorts/1) Unsupported for bound networks
- switch seems to work fine both editing the ports and reading everything.
- Issues with WiFi Meraki calls can't update public SSID or private SSID settings. (should be resolved when we pull the SSID widget out of encapto wifi and make it Meraki native)
Can I import customers that are not using PDL?
Importing customers that do not use PDL will work initially - however, functionalities that affect licensing (like claim order) will not work with these customers. We recommend asking Meraki Support to upgrade those organisations to use PDLs.